Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First post, first completed character: Undead rogue

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Lauren polycounter lvl 5
Hi! I just took a character creation for games class and wanted to post up my final character here. It's based off of WoW fanart by the artist "rabbiteyes". Normal maps are amazing, but hard to edit...

Comments and crits are welcome =]. I was curious if I should continue to improve her and maybe add props and a pedestal, or just start on a new character.

Also, there's weird shadow dots that flicker across her clothes when I rotate the camera in Marmoset. Does anyone know how to stop them?

KdqH8.jpg

6z5AB.jpg

Replies

• Tiraldric
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If I were to take a guess at the dots I'd say it's just live time rendering, lots of programs down sample so they don't break ;). Maybe someone will be able to give you a more technical explanation, haha.

I like the character, it's looking good but if you want real critiques, post the wire frame, and the textures sheets/unwraps.
  • Lauren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lauren polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks! We were allowed 20k tris and 2 2k texture maps for the skin and clothes. They're pretty messy... is it important to clean up around the UV's so that they're more presentable?

Lyqh4.jpg

4gCtL.jpg

0wfbV.jpg
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Its a good start but a few things bug me about the design.

-The complete bone showing on the elbows is weird since you have no other bone showing, and then her hands are fully there. Maybe add some skin to that area and just have a little bit of bone showing here and there throughout the piece.
    -Her hair is to nice, it should be gross and bloody, and dirty.
    -Same thing with her clothes, dirty and bloody them up a tad.
    -She doesn't look vary rogue like. To me a rogue is a dark, ninja like, with small handheld weapons. If you are going to call he a rouge then give her rouge like qualities.

Good luck :D