Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Sci fi car

Hey guys an update on the car I have been working on. once im happy with the racing strips ill finish the race hanger there going in

MainCars.jpg

Testrender18.jpeg

Testrender19.jpeg

Testrender20.jpeg

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    I am certainly no expert on aerodynamics, but I would think the cut out area next to the hatch (looks like a step to get in the vehicle?) would cause some drag on the vehicle. Design wise, I think it would look that much more slick to remove that area entirely.
  • Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan polycounter lvl 8
    I think aerodynamically he's got bigger problems.

Can you do a shot of the car in motion? Or in an environment? Give the shot a bit of life and/or movement and it could look a lot better.
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers guys I agree I have removed that part see what you think now

Caredit.jpg
  • barnesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barnesy polycounter lvl 9
    That looks much better. I think you might need to platy around with the size of the main driving area. Its hard to imagine if its 1 or 2 seats also how the person would sit as there is no scale reference.

Keep it up!
  • MonkeyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd like to see some different angles. (I'm a rear fan :O)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    You can do anything you want with the style, but there certain things which need to follow convention.

For example, the 'foot' area, where the person would step on to get into the car is too smooth and belongs to the whole body. This is a no-no since the person can slip and break something.

The front 'engine' like hub sticking out should have a smoother surface, have it dig into the front more as an eagles head, so to avoid any drag with the rest of the design.

So far, so good.