Home Unity

Viewport vs Web Player

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
cryrid interpolator
Just a quick question, but are there any documented differences between what Unity displays in the Game window when playing (free version), and what winds up in the Web Player after building?

I'm trying out a few tests, but so far it appears that the Web Player doesn't seem to use my normal maps (bumped specular material), and perhaps has different vertex weighting for the envelope.

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    make sure you've got your player settings all configured. There should be options for standalone, web, editor, mobile etc..
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I think I have it figured out. Under Project Settings: Quality.

I thought by simply clicking the level that I wanted, it would switch to it. I guess there are arrows under each player to assign the level manually though, which did the trick for the normal maps (and I assume will fix the blend weights issue as well seeing how its an option). Thanks.
  • Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan polycounter lvl 8
    Yes, with the exe, you have an option to have a pop-up window when it's fired up for players to select quality. For the web player, you might want to look into a very simple menu option for quality.
  • Silix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    also worth noting that in 3.5 the quality level that you have highlighted is what the editor game view goes by, not by the platform your building for, it is unintuitive if you don't know about it but if you do it's a nice feature as you can switch between qualities with one click and see the difference immediately in the editor
  • normanyclark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF wrote: »
    make sure you've got your player settings all configured. There should be options for standalone, web, editor, mobile etc..

I have check all configuration setting for player. But have same problem..