Female anatomy study

ericdigital
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
**** Most recent update

femalanat_015.jpg

Hey guys :)

inspired by all the babes around here lately wanted to practice some anatomy. Started this over the weekend and looking for feedback!

Probably will use her to make something mass effecty :)

still need to focus on feet (and everything really)

femalanat_005.jpg

Replies

• disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Good start man. Feet are definitely on the large side and i have not compared with reference but it fells like the torso is a bit short ? Keep it up.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! Totally agree. I was kind of thinking maybe the legs were to long but I think you're onto something with the torso length. cool man! :)
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update

Going to focus on lower legs/feet for a bit

Fanatanim-001.gif

femalanat_007.jpg

feedback appreciated :)
  • mbischof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    torso feels short, but it's coming along - keep up the good work!
  • Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fred2303 polycounter lvl 7
    THats a really good start mate!
    i would say that right now she looks more stylized then the mass effect charachters the are not. dont know if your still aiming for the mass effect look tough :D

i think that the point where the sternom and the abs meet looks a bit weird to me.
    the toes are too spherical
    the neck looks a little bit long or to thin im not quite sure but gives a felling aof stylized.
    in the face you would need some zigomatic arch definition and the shoulder blade definition too since shes pretty thin.
    also from the back it looks like your missing the connection of the trapz the goes to the neck.
    hope that can help bud!
    keep up the good work!!!
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am hoping to go for a mass effect feel, interesting point! I'm hoping to achieve a very realistic style hopefully I can remedy some of that.

Great crits man I agree with everything you said, looking forward to working on them! :)
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some updates!

femalanat_011.jpg

femalanat_012.jpg

also playing around with some clothing. Really love the style of mass effect so following a lot of those elements

spacefashion_007.jpg

thanks for looking! :)
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Hey Eric, nice study so far dude, that female anatomy is a bitch to get right. I did a little paintover for ya to address some issues I saw, hope it helps.

RMh1d.jpg

Really diggin the outfit you've designed for her, the only crit I have on that is the shoulder pads seem a little heavy duty compared to the rest of the outfit. They look more like armor, whereas the rest looks more like stylish civlian future outfit.

any ideas for the hair yet?
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Awesome work man :) and great critiques from Ferg.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks so much for taking the time to do that ferg! You've pointed out some awesome things to work on.

Agreed about the shoulder pads. I'm going to play a bit more and see if I can find some shapes that don't feel as heavy.

These are a few images I was looking at for hair. The first one I think would be really cool but likely a pain to pull off so also thinking of just doing something straighter like below. Also going to play around with some longer styles as well!

hairref_01.jpg

hairref_02.jpg

Really appreciate the feedback ferg, looking forward to working on her tonight. :)
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update!

Feel like I was able to improve her quite a bit. going to concept costume a bit more!

femalanat_015.jpg
  • Vulgertarian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice subtle changes to the physique!! She is looking fabulous:)