Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Molly Facepuncher

Replies

• Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks for the replies and support everyone!! I loves me some polycount feedback.

Matt and Daphz: Thanks for the paintovers guys, I went back and revisited the diffuse colors. Rendered out a couple of directional lightmaps (a top down and a bottom up) and used them as the base for color variation masks. Tried to work more purple in towards the bottom and downward-facing angles, and tried to warm up the skin a bit so she looks less like a zombie.

POFFINGTON: Yeah you're probably right, if this was actually going into a game, she'd definitely get downrezzed. But since she's just folio fodder... eh. Nice to have the extra resolution.

shotgun: yeah, good crit, but you're right about the style aspect, and I think I'm finally happy with where she's at.

LRoy: Thanks man, pretty stoked when I woke up and saw that, most exposure I ever had.

I also got an email from 3d artist magazine the day after I posted those shots, they want me to send a posed screenshot of the ztl for a gallery feature. Everything's comin up millhouse!

So I took the crit advice given in this thread and tried to sex up the texture a bit, I also tweaked the lighting and final composition. I think she's lookin better, but might actually be too bright now. But maybe not. All that's left is to polish and pose the ztl and I can call her done. Cheers!

Molly_LowFinal4.jpg
  • afisher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    Congrats on the Editor's Pick on CgHub and 3d artist mag! Awesome stuff, well deserved :)
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Hell yeah, much better now! Love the purple lights on her clothes. To my personal taste, it's not too much bright, it's great.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    This turned out great Ferg! Clothing folds, hair, character design, color scheme, and presentation are awesome. Congrats on the 3D Artist magazine! I think that's actually on the iPad Newstand thing too.
  • Polyjunky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polyjunky greentooth
    That's looking really cool with the new lighting.:thumbup: Grats on 3d Artist. Got one of my models featured in this months issue, it's a good feeling. :)
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    get that bitch posed ! : )
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awwwwwwwww yeah :)

mass_applause_gif2.gif