Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Axe, Rilem

Replies

• Rilem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rilem polycounter lvl 7
    I don't mind, but if you have more questions stick it in a pm. :)

Did a google and it seems that some software (blender) have an option to convert triangles to quads. I don't have any experience with this though, personally I'd just triangulate when I'm done modeling.

Generally it's a single button click action in any modeling software.
  • Colt3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see Rilem, that part was new to me too but ill experiment around.

Your entry is looking really good btw, as all on this contest.. the over all quality of the entries is bashing !! its gonna be reeally hard for the judges.

I think ill give it a go to participate as well,since theres plenty of time yet.
  • Rilem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rilem polycounter lvl 7
    Oh snap, the deadline came up out of nowhere! I've been slacking.

Here's the current version:
    axe.jpg

So far I've made a lot of mistakes/learned a lot and deep within my heart I'd like to start over. I'd never make it in time though.

I'll see what I can make of it tommorow, the spikes and back of the blade need some work. Then I'll call this one done and start a new sculpting adventure.
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    Wow, haha. Welcome back! I think the red, meaty bits are hurting your contrast. Try changing it back to the browns and deep, desaturated reds you had in your concept. It'll help make the eyeballs show up more. Also, get those bony parts looking a bit less orange. It doesn't really go with the purple on the handle.

I'm glad you decided to finish :)