Home General Discussion

Game Conventions

Hi, I'm headed to a game convention for my first time, in a few months, and I was wondering, especially if you've been to a convention before, how can I maximize my exposure and get my name out there as an animator? I'm putting a new demo reel together, primarily focused on rigging.

Replies

• Sukotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    I've never been to a con before but GDC is coming up, I think that would be the best place for exposure/networking opposed to any other game con I could think of. I would try and see if you could attend that instead if possible
  • BradleyWascher
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    Most conventions have a portfolio review area, where company's will look over your stuff and possible give you an interview or more info on the spot. On that note look into reserving a time slot as most of the reviews are based on a schedule. Besides that have your bushiness cards, if you have a iphone, or tablet of any kind load your reel up and care it around with you, you would be surprised if you start talking to someone how powerful it is for them to see your work right there. Good Luck