Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Sci-Fi Corridor

Hello everyone. Having been inspired by all the great Sci-Fi work on here lately, i've decided to jump on the bandwagon and get cracking on my own piece. It's just going to be a simple scene, but i want to complete it to a high standard and add it to my portfolio. It's also going to be my first major piece inside UDK.

Here's what i have so far:

3-9.jpg

I've just made a modular wall piece at the moment. I still need to go back and make everything flush to eachother. The plan is to just have a simple corridor that has a corner and is littered with props, with some vent smoke and nice lighting.

Some feedback on my progress so far would be great. I still don't know much about UDK, but i'm learning loads.

Thanks to anyone who takes a look and leaves some feedback.

Replies

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    expecially if you lightmap it, it will be hard to get rid of the seam between sections so you might want to consider putting a natural seam there, like maybe bevel the edges a bit where to sections meet.

other wise it looks decent, though you might want to vertex paint in some bits to break tileing.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    as long as you don't have overlaid UVs in the 0,1 space in your 1st channel, the specular lightmap seam wont show. as far as i know.
  • terrybuchan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies. I'll look into Vertex Painting, i'm still a relative newbie to UDK so i'm trying to take it all in slowly.

Here's a better way of visualizing the scene, of course i need to make the ceiling next and floor, and lights. The corridor is going to have a simple corner at the end. It's also going to be littered with various assets and maybe have some faint smoke coming through the vents near the floor.

4-7.jpg

Any feedback would be great. Thank you.