Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snight polycounter lvl 16
    Someone hire this kid.
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    Like everyone has said... Great Work! I am by no means any type of follower of FX work, but man... I had to log in just to say how awesome the progress has been on your portfolio! Extremely professional work! Awesome job!
  • loneraver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loneraver triangle
    Very impressive work! Great job.
  • MorganFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOW! Thanks everyone!!!!!

@haiddasalami and SimonT - For the fire, I drew a lot of inspiration from the Chateau level in Uncharted as well as the burning building in Singularity.
  • SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    Yeah and how did you do it? :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Hey Morgan, great work. I was wondering how you started out in FX. What were the steps you took to get where you are. Did you just grab an online tutorial, or what?
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Great job, love the hero piece and the fire in the building can make someone with pyromania get a orgasm :)

Congratulation on the job ;)
  • MorganFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @SimonT - Ahh, It was done with a mix of SubUv and Uv distortion. I wasn't able to see that Naughty Dog presentation, but I heard great things. Learned most of the technique from school creating a lightning effect for a project, then Keith came and gave a talk on how they used it with their fire and sand. Eager to try the technique with fire, the burning building was born (with the help of tons of reference from Uncharted 3’s Chateau level , and Singularity). Uv distortion can be used a lot of different ways and in many different FX, and when combined with SubUvs you get some nice randomness. Hope that answers your question.

@Slipslus - A few years ago I became very interested in dynamics, messing with reactor in 3d studio max and figuring out pFlow. I guess that's what really got me started in FX. Some steps that I took, was to make mistakes over and over and learn from them. To never be afraid to plug something in to see what it does haha. I think that the best way to learn something is to not be afraid to fail, as well as have TONS of dedication not to give up when doing so. Since my school didn't have a game FX class, I was stuck with teaching myself a lot of this, I am sure the same goes for a lot of FX artists out there unfortunately. I hope I answered your questions somewhere in there haha. I will be glad to answer anymore if you have them or If you need me to re-answer one.

@Stromberg90 - hahaha, thank you!