Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A character for my portfolio

Replies

• brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brwnbread polycounter lvl 13
    haha, thanks a lot for the replies guys

scoobydoofus - thanks for the crits! I have fixed the area around the ears. I guess you mean the hands look too young? I will get around to fixing that, but atm I am trying to learn rigging a bit more indepth

Jeremy Tabor - I scrapped the chicken because of time constraints really. I wanted to finish this character because I was relatively close anyway, but I really want to do something new really soon lol.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Woops, haha. I meant to say the hands look too thin.
  • claytonbarton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic work, a unique character and just as everyone else has said, excellent story telling. Reminds me of Walter White from Breaking Bad.
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woops, haha. I meant to say the hands look too thin.

ah, i see! that's a much easier fix haha

and yeah, this was inspired from breaking bad's Walter White and mad men in general
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    imo the skin tone lacks some variation.
    also his arms look kinda massive compared to his lower body, although this is well hidden by the shirt it still might be worth pointing out.
    apart from that very good work!
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, thanks geoddy, I made the arms a bit smaller, but havent touched up teh textures just yet. I also made the hands wider.

Rigging was fine, I made a custom rig; but skinning... ¬_¬. I restarted like 5 times and finally downloaded a plugin called bonespro to do it, but I am almost there with it now. Good thing is I will definately be faster next time, rite?!

I sent it to one of my animator friends (jfeez) to test the skin out, and he sent back this, haha :D

31922211097-orig.jpg
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raaah, i finished! haha, I have been getting my portfolio ready and polishing a few pieces all at once... anyway, I believe (hope) I took care of all the crits :). Although, if you have more crits, please do say, I will take them into account on my next piece! have some final images:

front.jpg

back.jpg

foulplayturnaround.gif