Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scampbell (Environment)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Scampbell polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone just started testing out the cryEngine. and i must say i am loving everything about it so far and i thought i would post what i have so far. This Environment is still WIP, and i am still very new to the crytek Engine. so any tips or tricks any one wants to share i would love to hear them or any pointers to some good tuts. and of course any crits on the art is well appreciated. thanks guys

oh one question does anyone know how to turn off the details in the top right corner for a screen shot. thx

beachlevel01.jpg

beachlevel02.jpg

beachlevel03.jpg

Replies

• Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    The foliage seems like it was done by sprinkling it across you whole terrain uniformly, it's kind of ruining the scene.

Add more varied foliage and thin out the kinds you already use a lot. Common problem with grass and leaves is putting to many blades in one card, rather that placing fewer per card and more cards.

All the palm trees look like they have the same rotation, you an change the way the rotate on spawn in the vegetation tab under the category attributes.

The last picture has white blades of grass which makes me think you used the match terrain color feature, be careful with that since it can easily dilute your scene. Regarding terrain, it rarely matches the foliage growing on top of it which you want to avoid.
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    You did a good job . i dont khnow why your roof look weird from far away in the second image

. you . you look like you have just one type of grass . make more and try to put the grass in right places

.. hope that help :)
  • Scampbell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scampbell polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks guys

SasoChicken- i know right turns out you can polish a turd. Going to work on the grass today it is basically just and alpha with a gradient color as of now.

Computron- thanks i will be working on the foliage some more today and i will do some adjusting to them as well as for the tree rotation is on, i think i might bend the trunk or do something to make it look unique from the different angles. thanks for pointing that out man.

ayoub44-??what looks weird about it maybe point it out so you can help more Thanks,

and by the way that water is not mine. so i cannot take credit. thanks allot everyone