Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dragonoid sculpt WIP

badzee28
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
badzee28 polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys! Here's a sculpt of a character I've been working on. Think werewolf, except instead of being half wolf, half man, this creature is half human, half dragon. Tips/crits welcome!

dragonscorn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Replies

• praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
    Interesting Idea :) the first thing I would suggest is find a different material other than red wax, it just has a weird effect on the model. I like the stylization but some things i notice.
    1. the feed don't really look like they've been planted on the ground it looks more like hes standing on his tip toes.
    2. Another thing is the stance. Judging from his tail its pretty large which means he should be more hunched to distribute his weight.

im sure there is more but thats all i can think of at the moment. Keep going though you have a good start :)
  • chazzur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ill start off by saying that I am not a sculpter so this critique is going to be purely visual and you can just interpret it as that alone.

-arms seem un-proportionate to the rest of the body
    -as previously mentioned to stance seems a little un-balanced
    -i wanna see scaly skin
    -around his shoulder blades he needs either wings or areas where wings have been cut or broken
    -id like to see more intricate detail in the tail

So those are my visual critiques. I do like the idea a lot and cant wait to see more progress on it.
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    He looks like piranha-bunny.
    7.jpg

Are you by any chance following existing concept?
  • badzee28
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    badzee28 polycounter lvl 6
    Well, after a bit of work, here's how the beast is looking in it's near final stages!

dragonor.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us