Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Polycount University Challenge #1 - Opposing Genres

Replies

• JamesWarren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesWarren polycounter lvl 5
    Nice man! That looks a lot better than the stilts. Maybe you could run some tubes down along the insides of the lower legs? As of right now the top muscular portions of the legs look a lot more technologically advanced than the lower parts. Just a thought.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    MrHobo wrote: »
    Welp, I trashed the stilts idea and went with something definitely more hoofey,
    Im gonna do some cleanup and teaks to the sculpt then im calling the high done.
    11 days left...
    horselegsdone.jpg

I like the hooves better in all honesty, though to mee it seems like they are just hinged. If anything, looking at Diggers or JCB's you can see that anything that is hinged has some kind if piston in them to drive it. Maybe consider some tech or possibly even a piston to add some structure and reasoning behind the movement of the legs. =]
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    MrHobo I really like the horse so far, the only thing I don't like is the closed up mouth. (if it is closed up.)

I scratched my idea with Machu Picchu and I'm going with Horror & Fantasy instead, I'm gonna create a cathedral and this is what I have so far (don't know how to get small picture in the post but big when you click on it using dropbox so here's a bigger sized one http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9876544/CHURCHBASE.jpg )

CHURCHBASEUGBOGA.jpg

I'm gonna redo so the first stair extends all the way to the top instead of how it is now.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just short of a week left guys, unfortunately with a college assignment due - I'm not sure I'll finish in time.

The idea behind this challenge was exactly that - to challenge yourself with new ideas you've not accomplished before. I do suggest that everyone follows up any design that was unfinished in the time constraints and start a thread of their own and get the job done.

Just because it's a challenge, doesn't mean we can't finish this =]

Good luck to you all,
    Sythen.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Challenge is finished, if everyone can post their finished pieces. - Sythen
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    finished pieces, haha... Nah, had a few weeks that I didn't get anything done and sadly I was hoping to actually get this one finished up and on time.

I do intend to finish, just have to get back in the groove and step it up.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree, I don't think anyone has finished. I'm thinking maybe it's just best to relieve people of the deadline and let them finish.

- Sythen.
  • Mathew O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    Baddcog wrote: »
    finished pieces, haha... Nah, had a few weeks that I didn't get anything done and sadly I was hoping to actually get this one finished up and on time.

I do intend to finish, just have to get back in the groove and step it up.

Same, I got really into it and then a uni deadline got moved forwards ....
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadline is off, everyone continue =]
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    really? I might be able to squeeze one in now
    what are we thinking?
  • Sythen