Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Don't Fall Asleep

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Alismuffin polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys!

Before I start
I am looking for some people to help me out with a free non paid computer game I am creating. I am not looking to turn a profit, I am looking to create an experience available to anyone willing to try it.

I also didn't come here to find people who can do things hat I cannot. I am not trying to pull off a game where I get everyone to do everything for me. Ok. I just wanted to make certain those things were clear before requesting anything!

Oh and another thing. I have actually had this concept for a while. And not just as a thought. I have created a very rough prototype of the game I am planning on creating.

Well then here goes!

What is the experience?
Put simply, the player is attempting to recollect a certain incident which put them in a coma whilst avoiding being killed by their subconscious.

A bit deeper
The subconsciousness of the player is attempting to kill them because of something that they did. The player does not know what they did consciously, but they do know subconsciously. This means that they are uncontrollably trying to commit suicide. Whatever they did put them in a coma and it is up to them to discover what other consequences their unknown actions caused. Whilst they are awake, their subconsciousness does not have enough influence to kill them. Fall asleep however, and suddenly the mind begins to deal with the matters buried in the back of the mind (Much like dreams do).
The obvious way to survive then is to stay awake. But what happens when you get too sleepy to even determine whether or not you are even still awake? Your eyes will droop. Your vision go hazy. And soon enough you will be plunged into a dream state of which will kill you in reality if you do not escape! Yes this is when you are in the clutches of your subconscious self. This is when the walls will close in on you. The floor will break apart beneath your very feet. Doors will slam and lock. You will be punished by yourself.
But wait! You can get out. You can escape the impending doom before it's too late. Remove yourself from your sleep by (Work in progress here!!) killing yourself consciously in the dream. If you falsely believe you are in a dream and kill yourself however, the results are obvious.
Clearly you cannot remain awake forever though! You will eventually pass out into a deep sleep and become perpetually ensnared by your subconsciousness. Unless! There is someone on your side. There is someone who is helping you. They are a psychiatrist working to soothe your suicidal inner self. It is dangerous to stay in the same place as an insane person, so they communicate via phone. They guide you through the steps to self forgiveness, but at the end of it all, will you even want to live with yourself?

Gameplay
-It is a first person game in which you explore what is apparently your home for clues whilst avoiding letting your dreams murder you.
-A fully interactive environment (Open any cabinet, investigate any items, switch light switches, open and shut doors).
-Classic WASD movement and mouse look
-No weapons other than suicide tools. A shotgun won't stop the floor swallowing you up!

What I need
Basically I just need modellers and texturers really. Though creative input such as advice for gameplay/story elements is welcome as well.
Yes I can model. I'm not looking for modelling monkeys, I'm looking for team members who are interested in this concept and would be able to help e accomplish a great free game!
As for texturing, I myself have not travelled that road yet, although it is something I will definitely be learning as soon as possible!
I am looking for people so as to get this done faster, not so I can be lazy or lack skills.

So if there is anyone interested in helping in this project then definitely drop a reply here letting me know what you'd like to help out with!

But please no turning this into amnesia xD!

Replies