Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Art of Jairo Sanchez

My name is Jairo Sanchez I'am a Game Artist / Concept Artist.

I would love to share my personal work with you guys and see what do you think.

My Blog is:

http://sansajairo.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

Replies

• samcole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The text with your name, and Who/What you want to be is getting in the way of that beauty shot of the creature at the top. If your going to have a info bar, from what I learned taking a portfolio class keep it small, and in its own small box. Let your art breath! Its distracting cause I don't know whether to look at who you are in the text or the creature.

I think you would be better served with a web gallery of your work, and not in blog format. My opinion really.

I know it can be hard, but my teacher always tells me to try to name all of my work. You sort of claim ownership of it more, and it feels more thought out. Some of your stuff is named, others not.

I can't really speak to the sculpts cause I'm not really a character/creature artist. I would put the environment paintings at the bottom of your blog if you keep this format, or take them out entirely. Your whole blog shows off creatures, then in the middle/bottom are environment paintings. It kills the flow of creatures...kind of shocking since those Environments don't seem to tie in to the creatures in any way.

I would also change how you market yourself, instead of saying Game Artist/Concept Artist..try Creature Artist/Concept Artist. People will already assume you want to be a Game Artist once they see your breakdowns.

Hope this helps.
  • jairo0182
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your help Skuee. Great comments!
  • Kozak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love your creature designs! I agree with Skuee's comments above, especially if you intend the site to be a showcase of your best work. A gallery would be more organized and easier to navigate.