Home Technical Talk

Two questions regarding Clusters and CAT

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
Greetings Polycounters;

1) XSI Clusters equivalent to Polygroups in zbrush?

I am having a minor issue with polygroups, (or smoothing groups as you call it).

The minor issue is that I happen to merge everything down after basic modeling in 3d modeling program and import it in to zbrush, the issue comes when I view the object that is modeled in 3d modeling tool in a view that shows me polygroups in different colour (I am using Softimage XSI.) I happened to work my way around it, by making the polygroups within zbrush. Sometimes, if one models something a bit complex, it is kind of hard for them to make polygroups in zbrush. There is a way around that as well, like you can break stuff down in to parts and import them, but has anyone tried using clusters to define the polygroups in softimage xsi, after you merge the object and import them successfully in to zbrush from softimage?

2) Character Animation Tool: For Softimage XSI.

I believe CAT came with 3ds max 2012, is there anything relative to it for softimage xsi or should I just start learning motion builder.

To those who dont know what I am talking about:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSpZTWj75Hs"]3ds MAX - Rigging A Character With CAT Pt 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Any help or info would be helpful thanks.

Replies