Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hei, Low poly model for XNA

keir150
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
keir150 polycounter lvl 8
Hei,

First post on polycount :D hello world!

Just wanted to pust up some images of one of the characters im currently working on for an RTS turn based game; being built in XNA for the PC market (currently only have a vertical slice planned.

Any critique? just want to hear some feedback on what i could improve on etc.

<3

Gargoyle05.jpg

Gargoyle06.jpg

Replies

• keir150
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keir150 polycounter lvl 8
    ^_^ thanks for moving the thread :P still no response though :)

im probably to shit or something :P
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    i don't think the ridges or bones on the back of the wings are needed for the lowpoly. also the spine area looks like it could be optimized. more evenly spaced polys. also why is your character of the Origin?
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    The geometry looks far too dense in some areas, especially near the talon side of the wings. Could you be more specific about the requirements of this project, like map sizes and types, might be able to make better crits that way. For example, if you're planning to bring this into a sculpting program, the mesh you currently have will be very difficult to work with. If you are planning to hand paint it, it might be a different story.

And, ofcourse, welcome to polycount :)
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    Hey I have been lurking around here for a while, but havent gotten around to posting till I saw this thread. I know it has been a while since it has been updated with any info or posts from the thread starter. But I am currently an artist at a small indie studio who is working on a 3D semi turn based, arena styled game, but we have had weeks of trouble getting the rig/bones working as well as the X and Y axis lined up in the correct order... So basically what I am asking is, have you had any trouble with this so far? :) And one more, are you using a premade engine? Or one creating essentially from scratch through visual studios or alike SDKs? Our is written from scratch, head to toe, so troubleshooting is quite tedious atm. We are also working on the Windows Phone platform and then later porting to PC :poly124:

Model is looking good though! definitely a very solid start.