Home Unreal Engine

Multi sub object problem

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
iceman30 polycounter lvl 6
Hello,kindly i would like to ask you for a help.And i'll be very grateful if someone can help me.Here is my question:
Lets say i've got objects(house)in 3dmax with multi/sub(Materials) 9 ID's.They are unwrapped with second chanell as well for light maps.When i import the meshes in udk one by one,lets say the walls which are with 1 ID,no problem everything is just great but if i try to import the all meshes at ones,udk tells me that my second chanell is overlapping.Could you please give me advice is it normal or what i have to do,so i can import my meshes without overlapping problem and of course with the different ID's?

Thank you vey much.

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    well youve probably just got overlapping UVs. if your UVs are just for a lightmap in the second channel, go back into your 3d package (ill guide you as if its max but if its different its the same concept), and select all of your objects, go into the UV Unwrap. switch to channel 2, and with everything selected, repack the UVs. if it is max you can also go to Select > Select Overlapped Faces to see where the issue is.
  • iceman30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iceman30 polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you very much Oniram.
    :0) :0) :0)