Home Unreal Engine

Selecting a trigger from multiple ones

Hi guys, I'm using UDK and am not familiar in using Kismet to a great degree, I have a group of triggers, 3, together within the radius of a panel that controls the speed to a fan that has a setting from 1 to 3 levels. i have got the animations set to the 3 triggers, but i need to be able to select a trigger to change the speed. i thought about trying to set a custom key input up, where if i press 2, the second trigger would start playing, and 3 would play the third etc. Any help in doing this would be appreciated.

Replies

• agentfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    why not use 1 trigger to cycle the fan speeds? would that work for the game play? every time its used you add 1 to a variable, and if variable is greater than 3 minus 3 or any number of other ways to cycle the trigger.
  • Dark Crusader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    but how would you select a speed trough the use of one trigger, i thought that an individual trigger would be better in order to control the motion of each fan speed?
  • agentfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    with 1 trigger you can cycle stop slow fast in kismet, you could also do other game play options like separating the triggers, have the player input a number on the keyboard? or add buttons to screen if its mobile. I'm just saying to re-think the problem. Is there another way to make it work for the game? 3 triggers ontop of each other is not going to work, unless you code a new "use button" for each, but then if you're going to code it then just code the switch all together.
  • Dark Crusader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i did want to use that idea with 3 triggers and the keyboard input triggering the selected speed, but my knowledge of kismet is very basic and I'm not sure how to create an event like that in order to make it work, but i do agree that i need to rethink the problem, only thing is that I'm not too sure about how to go about it , what method is best and how to do it?
  • agentfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah you have lots of fans and one control area? or one trigger to control one fans different speeds?
  • Dark Crusader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i will give it a try and see how it works out, cheers mate!