Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first Zbrush models

Hey guys, im new to Polycount forums & Zbrush, These are my first models, Tell me what u think!

DemonHead.png

AlienHead.png

Thanks you,
Emulsion

Im also open to any suggestions or please post links to tutorials of videos of Head modeling basics.

Replies

• KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    Just...lay off the noise brush for a while and just practice your forms. Start with big shapes while you're at lower subdivisions. Block in as many features as you can into a subdivision before adding another one. I wouldn't start adding surface texture to the skin until everything else is solid. :)
  • Emulsion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, i apperciate the suggestion, ill definetly do this. Do you guys know of any Good Character Tutorial's? Let me KNOW!!!

Thank you,
    Emulsion
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    I'd suggest stepping back for a bit and doing some basic studies with pencil and paper. Currently, it looks like you are trying to run before you can crawl. Study the basics, study anatomy, you'll be better off for it. Don't even worry about scribbling on the default head or mangling a sphere in Zbrush yet, IMHO you should do some basic modeling in a 3d package like max,maya, blender first. Google should provide you with all the knowledge and tutorials you need also the polycount wiki has info on character topology etc. Good luck.