Home Unreal Engine

Moir

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
iceman30 polycounter lvl 6
Hello to Everybody,I got question and kindly i'm asking fot help.
I looked in the net about Moir

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    how on earth are you getting an effect like that? and why would you want to get rid of it. :P can we see a screen of what you're talking about?
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, I had that problem myself a few times. And sometimes there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

Although I think using a texture filter such as anisotropic filtering will help significantly.

Cheers
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Many a repeating pattern will create interference like what you're seeing.

I imagine you're getting it as what you're working on goes into the distance. You could construct your mipmaps and or LOD's to blur the pattern detail a bit more than just downsampling will do, or add a noise filter over the top of the mip levels, which will take a bit of tweaking to find the right balance.

Basically introducing noise to a regular signal will help neutralize the interference that causes the pattern.
  • iceman30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much for your respond.
    Because i'm new(using Udk)is little bit difficult for me to understand you what and how actually i have to do,could you please give me advice about some tutorials that will help me to understand better
    (mip mapping,the other filters and so on).
    Because i've learned lot of tutorials but i think only basics and nothing about this.And few days ago i had a problem again with flashing shadows,"Sprunghunt" help me to solve the problem and i'm so grateful but i would like to know how the all process working.

Thank you very much for your help,kindly i'm waiting for your respond.
    Here's the one of the problem that i have,it is a texture but i got other problems with models as well.

Best Regards.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkwHZkw16uM"]WoodPlanks moving problem - YouTube[/ame]
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    when you import a bitmap if you scroll down there's a dropdown menu called "mip gen settings"

try setting this to "TMGS_blur"

that's pretty much what valias is talking about

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TextureProperties.html#MipGenSettings
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks sprunghunt. :) I didn't actually know about that option and would have done it the hard way and manually imported custom mip levels.
  • iceman30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much for the help.I did what you explained to me but i got little problem:When i import new texture ,choosing (Mip gen setings
    TMGS Blur5 and clicking ok.
    After check,to see if the texture remember this(with double clicking on it) Mip gen settings is---No Mip Maps.I don't think that keep what i'm choosing duriing the import.
    I tried few times with the options reimport or compress now but again nothing.Then i remember that the mip mapping is off and i thought it could be the reason.I delete the code -MAXQUALITYMODE -NOTEXTURESTREAMING but again nothing.

Kindly waiting for your advice.
    Best Regards.