Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment - Queens University, Belfast

Hi Guys,

I've been hard at work on a project for a client and thought i'd post up a render of it so far. Any feedback is welcome. I realise there are a few areas of improvement, such as the main tower looking a bit flat at the top and also the untextured tower behind, but that's ok because I haven't finished yet. :)

Another thing to note, is that this will be used in a game engine that uses only diffuse and lightmaps, but I may take it further and add normal and specular maps when I have handed over to the client.

Queens.jpg

Replies

• gateian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a render I did last night after I textured the ground. I haven't put the sky in this one because I forgot to save out the alpha channel. doh!

Queens2.jpg
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    How will this be shown in game? At this distance?

I was going to ask for closer shots but its pointless to show them if the game will never see it from anything but the distance you are showing it.
  • gateian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    in the game, the camera will fly right in through the front door. So yes, we will see the central bits in more detail. I'll post a closer view of this later. I'm not satisfied with the amount of detail on the central tower, but I am working to a timeframe here and need to move on to the inner courtyard now.