Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Pac_187/Dennis Lehmann

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pac_187 polycounter lvl 11
Hey Polycounters,

I recently managed to create a website by myself.
It's created with the beta of Adobe's "Muse", because I don't really have a clue of html/java. So if there's a bunch of crap in the code, don't mind about it.

My target was to create a website for monitors with an resolution of at least 1280 pixels wide
to have enough space to display large images and still be able to have some navigation in it.
I also didn't want the user to scroll down miles of images, which is why there is some kind of an image viewer.

I've got it to work the way I like it and now would like to get some critique on the navigation and overall design.

I'm going to search for an internship in the german area in the next days and this site will serve as a presentation of "what I'm already able to".

I haven't studied yet, so I didn't feel like putting up a CV on the site.
Is this good/bad or doesn't it really matter?
(The company will receive it anyway with my application)

I really appreciate your comments!

Cheers,
Dennis

Here's the link: http://pac.gmod.de/index.html

Replies

• gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool, How did Muse work out for you? I've been wanting to take a look at it.

As for your site - I think the layout is super clean and simple, which is good.

If you are going to have a Contact page with your email, you should make the email address a link to send an email.

I think you should have your CV on your website still.
  • Pac_187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pac_187 polycounter lvl 11
    Muse is easy to use once you got the clue how it works, doing the tutorial helped me a lot.
    But it tends to have some bugs with "styles" (some kind of presets you can define).
    They released a new version in the moment I write this post, so they might have fixed it right now :D

Most of the stuff has been done in Photoshop.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Uploaded a new version ( only code changes by Muse ).
    If it's displaying wrong, please refresh your cache for the displayed page ( STRG+F5 )
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    I agree it's a really nice simple design. Easy to navigate. Liked the scale of everything, nicely big and clear. I expect you will put a downloadable CV/Resume on there. If not you should. Your art is cool too.

I am also clueless when it comes to web design code. So will have to give Muse a whirl sometime.