Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fat Man Face

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
Hey again everybody. Just doing some sketch work in Zbrush. This was an hour piece. So let me know what you think. This is not meant to be super realistic either. Thanks in advancefatman_1.jpgfatman_2.jpg

Replies

• Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey a small unimportant update. Brought the jaw and fat under it in a bit. I also made some really small changes in his skin texture. Still looking for the feedback. Thanks.fat_man.jpg
  • Alex3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex3d polycounter lvl 9
    Hey dude, good start on the model! I know its not supposed to be super realistic, but you need to spend some more time on face anatomy. Even though the character is overweight, his face would not inflate like a pillow, it would still be defined by points like chin, zygomatic process and temporal bones (right now, judging by the front view, those areas are flat). Speaking of chins, I don't see a double chin on this guy! his neck area would swell with fat creating folds at the base of a mandible.
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Large shapes... check!
    Small detail... check!
    Medium sized forms... medium sized forms... where are you?
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Looks like a tumor

You might want to go with a double chin look

060410_fat.jpg
  • Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a small update. I probably won't take it any further. Was just supposed to be a sketch, now it's turned into a mini project lol. Thanks in advance. You all have been very helpful. I also made him a bit thinner. Decided to move away from the really fat to a more portly type.fat_man_front.jpgfat_man_persp.jpgfat_man_side.jpg
  • Cexar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cexar polycounter lvl 6
    Generally the corners of the mouth end at the same place as the pupils in the eyes, aka, the mouth could be smaller. Keep on the grind! :)
  • Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    Its looking better, but i feel that you are working on a too high subd level to work on the raw shapes properly, you should go down a few levels and build up from there, zoom out and see how the "Big" shapes are working, work on them and when you are happy with them, go up one level and work closer, adding details that are smaller and then go up another level and work on the fine details, like skin pores and stuff, if you work always on the highest level your model will look like a bloated ballon. ;)
  • Ravanna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damnit frell have u been going through my facebook photos?

the main thing that sticks out for me is the skin "texture". the final surface detail really needs attention, speed sculpts aside, try not to use an all-over brush to add detail. dabbing the skin here and there with brushes for wrinkles and pores tends to work better.