Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SciFi Hallway UDK

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
Hey PolyCount

I've been working on this hallway for a bit. I'm really trying to improve my texture quality and have my materials read as well as get familiar with UDK. At this point I'm not satisfied with my textures and lighting and the scene feels boring at the moment to me. I'd love any suggests/help and critique, thanks!

scifiwip001.jpg

Replies

• SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It probably feels boring because hallways are one of the most boring, overdone subjects in game art. I mean no offence, but even if this had the most sick textures an lighting ever, it would still be boring, because hallways are boring.
  • Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    It feels boring to me because it lacks any personality. The textures are repeated constantly. There is no feeling that it has been lived in. It like the people who were supposed to be there just got tired and left right after it was built. It also lacks props, and your lighting has no mood associated with it. One thing I have had to learn as a 3D artist is lighting you scene is incredibly important. I doesn't need to look physically right it. needs to feel emotionally correct before it can become believable. Look at two of my favorite 3D environment artist, Simon Fuchs and Helder Pinto. Amazing lighting, texturing, composition, and modeling.