Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Aerial Scout Game Character

cleankid
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
cleankid polycounter lvl 6
Hi everyone. I finished my first game character and figured I should post here on polycount. Crits are certainly welcomed. I have a 2k map for the skin and armor each. And a 1k for the hair and the flag pole. 15878 triangles. Thanks for looking :D

frontviewfinal.jpgbackrearview.jpgbackviewfinal.jpgtopviewfinal.jpgsideviewfinal.jpgwirefromcomps.jpg

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cleankid
    Offline / Send Message
    headmaps.jpgarmormaps.jpg

Hi Teriyaki Style, Here are my texture maps. I really dont see how posting my first game character here makes it a hit and run I thought this thread pimping and previews was for posting finished work? Im really new to polycount, I had a work in progress thread in digital sketchbook. And a lot more process uploaded when I was doing the high poly sculpting at ZBC. So I apologize if i annoyed you or others with my post.

Moving on, thanks for the constructive feedback, I agree with you, the prop didnt recieve as much love as the armor. I wasnt going to give her one but then I found it hard to find a good pose without one. The hair has the antisotropy shadoer on it its perhaps just needs a bit more spec and break up

..and hopefully your movie will be better then the previous terminator :D
  • riddlaz
    How come you decided not to use symmetry for some of the armor pieces? Some areas look almost identical to each other in the color map... Seems like a waste of UV space. My main concern is that visually there is very little difference between the specularity of the leather when contrasted to the metal parts.. As a result, the metals have this plastic/waxy feel to them. I do like some of the the armor details, especially the ones in the back.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cleankid
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Riddlaz,
    I think just better planning in the beginning or having a better idea of what i was doing would have allowed me to optimize the Uvs a bit more. I mirrored the arms but I thought the mirroring would be too obvious on the legs / boots. In hindsite I could have shuffled that stuff around to make more space. And yea the metal was the hardest part texturing I spent the most time on the spec trying to get it to not read like plastic haha. but yeah thanks for the critique much appreciated. Ill plan the uv space better next time for sure..

TeriyakiStyle
    Thanks again glad you dig those things, like I was saying above I thinka little more planning in the beginning and id be able to bring the amount of texture rez down. I already started another character ill post some screenshots up when I get a bit more progress :D