Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    i like everything O_O
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Always great to see your work Impala88! Great job on this.
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    yea..i like it the way you had it before you made everything orange, it just feels too much
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, here's an update on the map, it's 'almost' finished, still got more graffiti to add, lighting to sort on the other tunnel side (wierd thing going on with a massive orange glow ><) and still need to put in more grids/wires/boxes/barrels etc etc just basic assets to fill empty spaces.

Seems my pc is eating tones of RAM atm, probably making these big ass pics :S so this is all i have for now, no pics of the lighting problem yet PS keeps crashing. Should have that some up by friday i think, or when ever i get a chance to work on this again this week.

panorama1m.jpg
    panorama2g.jpg

Panorama's are, while usless for some things, very pretty :)
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok so, i just re-did the lighting to sort out the massive orange problem in the other tunnel (it's half worked, there isn't any oraange glow over there now, but the point lights over there are still not working right) and it's caused another problem. It seems that for the previous images, the emissive for the lights is set to a pale green hue, giving the nice greeny yellow light reflections on the wall and pillars. BUT the actual glow of the lights as you can see is yellow/orange.

Now, what's basically happened is, i've changed the emissive to green, done a light build and then changed back to orange. The light information has remained green on the surfaces, but the glow is back to orange, only problem is though if i build the lighting again it's going to remove the green and replace it with the orange :(

So my question is, is there any cheap way to keep the green surface lighting and also keep the orange glow? considering both these colours are coming from the same emissive.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another panorama shot, now with some more alpha graffiti :) i've also put in some oil drums and papers but until i can be bothered to re-build the lighting, i wont post those up yet.

Still problems to sort out, most noted here is the pipes on the cieling, seems to be either normals or lightmap issues.

panorama3e.jpg
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've spent the past few days unwrapping and setting up the textures. As always with my vehicles/characters my texture maps need work. I've purposefully made them massive (aiming to fit everything inside 4096px including the cockpit if i ever make one) and if i want i can reduce it down later with a bit of hassle.

Still needs more work on the texutres, various small details adding and touching up the main textures (still quite bland) theres also a texture seem down the front nose that needs sorting.

anyway here are 2 shots so far. I'm going to need to find out how to attach lense flares to a skeletal mesh aswell to get the flares on the lights to follow the car and also disapear when the emissive is turned off, so if anyone has any pointers feel free to let me know :)

These pics have a sharpen filter in photoshop added to them btw, so the actual game fottage isn't quite that crisp. Although it isn't using the sharpen post process so with a little messing around it could look like that without photoshop hopefully.

tumblerpic1.jpg
    tumblerpic2.jpg
  • Electro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    Cool so far :)

Maybe the lighting further back in the tunnel could get darker? To draw more focus on the tumbler. Black fog might be able to achieve something like that. It's getting a bit lost in it all atm.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    Really digging it. I would say tho, mood wise, it falls a bit flat. The lighting is good but I don't think works with the feel of the Tumbler and that Dark Knight feel.