Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Assassin0323

Replies

• Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Assassin0323 polycounter lvl 7
    SupRore,

Could not agree with you more :\ , I will get on the generating of my damage maps and do some blending with some drastic changes. Its one of my flaws unfortunately at the beginning I tend to be able to make huge changes easily, but as it progresses it tends to be more of a tweak little things. I will work towards that view more.

Thanks for taking the time to comment and critique my work.

Alex
  • Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys,

Been a way for a while been busy. I have been working on this composition over the last couple of days. Just had some time to follow Choco's Terrain Creation videos. By the way they are some amazing videos, really helpful for a terrain noob like myself haha. I have been working on this terrain over the last couple of days, just placed the tree where I figured it would go. Just got to a good point to post an update on the status, for some major C&C.

I have a lot of plans for this scene, right now I believe it is a total of about 7 miles wide for the entire terrain. The paint over I did pretty much explains everything. For the composition, I plan to do tons of grass meshes painted everywhere using the foliage brush. Put a path running over the hill, I already have my wind going in the scene. The sky needs a ton of work I know its just a place holder, thought it would look better then standard black background. Please comment and critique the hell out of it!

Here is a link to his site terrain tutorials page. http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88933

BasicShotWIPInfo.jpg
  • Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I decided to start working on some of the more basic things in my scene. I worked on a new sky, tweaked the environment lighting, started working on some more texturing, color correcting things a little bit, and putting the final touches on the detail textures for the terrain. I still have a long way to go with this project, I would really appreciated any critiques or comments.

UpdatedShot.jpg
  • Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the delay, I have been trying to post some major updates. But ended up with a medical problem, so I have been on bed rest since. I decided to do a few quick tweaks to the piece till I get clean bill of health. Please comment and critique.

Shot2-1.jpg
  • allmighty_thunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allmighty_thunder polycounter lvl 13
  • Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Allmighty_thunder,

For the foliage yes I was following the 3d Motive videos I did them a while ago makes foliage a breeze. But the terrain was actually following Choco's tutorials, when I get back from GDC I will try to learn it the 3D Motive way. I watched all of Choco's tutorials and kinda just threw myself into this scene. Still have a long way to go with it, just started learning this stuff 2 weeks ago and really just threw a quick scene together. For my first Landscape Terrain I am pretty happy with the results. I am looking forward to getting more into terrain a lot more in the future.