Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Paradox Inversion

Hey all, been watching the forums a while, and it's time to get posting. I have a big interest in environment art, and I've more or less recently started really working on textures.

I'm currently trying to figure my way around modular asset/texture design. I have been mostly taught animation stuff, and less game art, so I've been independently grunting my way through it. Anyways, here's a diffuse texture I'm thinking of using for wall pieces. I'm going for a painted brick look. Crits and advice are always welcome! wallv2res.png

Replies

• paradox_inversion
    After quite a long time... An update. I ended up taking a brief hiatus from texturing to work on an animation project for school. I finally have more time to work on textures now, and I took a couple of hours to work on a wooden floor tiling texture. So far, it's got two pieces, one with screws and one without, to add a little bit of variation.

I still feel like they need work, but the only thing really bothering me right now are the nails. I feel like something just doesn't look right about them, but, at the same time, for the level I'm intending to use them, you should never see them that close anyways. I guess I just really want to push myself here. Thanks for checking these out. :)
  • paradox_inversion
    Wooo, been way too absent on the forums, so I'm updating. Started working on a warehouse loading area kinda thing-- Did a quick blockout in UDK, now I'm trying to work out a modular textured version. The current textures are placeholders, especially the brick as I'm not sure quite how I want to go about making that texture.

dock_WIP.jpg
    Here's a shot of the UDK blockout

dock.jpg
    And, a screengrab of what I have so far...

Feel free to critique as brutally as you desire. Seriously, I need to get better at this.

I've got some of the inspirational shots here.