Home General Discussion

Really? This is what we have come to in self-entitlment?

Replies

• Crash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crash polycounter lvl 18
    RAGE!!!!

But seriously. Here's a happy cat.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster wrote: »
    this is just pedantry on my part, but.. she can't, she emailed them several times *and mailed them the video..

Well played sir, lol.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    I'm honestly sorry for bumping this thread again, but how do we actually know that the response from Valve was legit?

I've got no problem with Erin getting her desired response, but that screencap just seems like a convenient way to shut the haters up.
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    A free tour doesn't seem too far fetched to me, though it could be a golden opportunity for some griefer to play a prank.

This whole thing still just gives me a big headache every time I see it, but fuck, she got noticed and I wouldn't put it past Valve to consider her for a tester position or something.

It's just the manner in which she went about all of this that still makes me cringe - hard.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    eld wrote: »
    If we can still remember this thread in five to ten years ;)

But seriously though, I hope valve does the "what WOULD you like to do?" routine with her, and explain the different magical spells behind making games, the downsides and upsides, what route she should take to work on her skills depending on what she'd like to do.

Alternatively:

45501503_59464722fc.jpg
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Not at all relevant:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-11-2011/lactate-intolerance

well sorta.

Do women make the best games? Would you let them into your studio if they were banging on the door?
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9

Do women make the best games? Would you let them into your studio if they were banging on the door?

Whats that supposed to mean dude? Sure there are more men in the industry, but any female artists I've met have been been as mixed in talent as the men. Some have been amazing, some have been crap.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Pricesly what you think it means? Sorry to generalize but i was mostly going off the quality of the video linked in this thread. If i offended... whatever, tired of playing the political correct game at this point. Are there competent female artist who pull their weight? You betcha and I've worked with them, but this is a thread full of dudes who post cock tanks so what's the deal?. Are women often hired because the art lead has a cawk? Of course. Lets be real here.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Mcejn wrote: »
    A free tour doesn't seem too far fetched to me, though it could be a golden opportunity for some griefer to play a prank.

This whole thing still just gives me a big headache every time I see it, but fuck, she got noticed and I wouldn't put it past Valve to consider her for a tester position or something.

It's just the manner in which she went about all of this that still makes me cringe - hard.

But the question is, why are you so upset about it? Sounds like someone is jealous.
    You should be happy for her. Seriously. I don't care if she's not exactly the most talented artist from what I've seen, but she has the drive, and that drive got her a tour. Pretty cool, IMO.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are women often hired because the art lead has a cawk? Of course. Lets be real here.

Definitely, but plenty of untalented men/women are also hired because they are friends with the leads, be it sexual or nepotism it exists on both sides.

If your leads aren't mature enough to hire people based on merit or potential then they are fools and deserve all the failure they get.

Hboybowen: I'm more of a RPS guy. Out of interest what was other fletch saying?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I think we should let this thread die now...

Rob: http://kotaku.com/5830253/bungie-staffer-brings-down-shooting-suspect-with-handcuffs

For the record r_fletch is nowhere near cool enough to have pulled that off :P
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I just watched that... we could've started a hall of fame for heroics and civil duties if that was indeed r_fletch haha
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    not me, id have wet myself and slipped in the puddle while trying to run away :)

Andreas: I hope you get raped by goats and fall off a cliff into a septic tank.

[edit]and i hope the septic tank is full of that stuff martin used to drip. [/edit]
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And when the guy gets released on bail he'll be tracking the guy down... Good deeds never go unpunished...
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    And when the guy gets released on bail he'll be tracking the guy down... Good deeds never go unpunished...

We should never arrest anyone if they'll only come after us after they get out.

Not sure what the suggestion here is.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No. he's saying that by naming this guy and glorifying him, the media has opened him to the possibility of a revenge attack.