Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Concept Art / 3d Progress critique

I'm creating a character for class. I'll have around 10-12 weeks to try to finish this guy.

2D Concept Art - Some parts of my concept art is still too ambiguous, so I'll need to fix a few details. I'm not sure about making an orthographic or not.

3D Modeling - Began sculpting, honestly I'm still not confident in my anatomy. Not too sure about the forearm muscles.

(Giving some credit to Scott Spencer's Zbrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy, I was reading his book while sculpting, a book worth skimming through for Zbrush artists.)

Workflow and Questions -

I want to make a high poly (Renders) and low poly (Game), this is the way I was thinking about doing it. Not sure how real game artists do it but, if you know please help.

1) High Poly - Planning to make high poly model, UV layout high poly with UV Master, texture high poly, use world hair and fur (Any suggestions for easier way for high quality hair? Splines, comb, what else?) (I'll use planes with alphas for Low Poly)

2) Low Poly - Retop High Poly to low, uv, then use transfer maps from High to Low.

July_CharacterSheet_001E.jpg

3dProgress.jpg

Replies