Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

lich/necromancer lady

Replies

• MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    I hope you don't mind me mutilating your work with my less than average scribbles.
    Duncan and your edits instantly gave me this idea:
    nizza_waaarg_01.png
    It's somewhere between skimpy and classy?

Turtle is looking awesome!
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    I really like the turtle. I think his eyes should be bigger though. Did a quick paintover.
    biggereyes.jpg

Just a suggestion.
    Have you ever made any tutorials or know of any good character ones?
  • STRIKER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    STRIKER polycounter lvl 13
    i second MeintevdS paintover! nice touch.

and that turtle kicks ass man!
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    SEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    ace work nizza, I'm going to stick my oar in too and suggest perhaps some horizontal slashes in the skirt to show of the legs a little? Its a shame to hide them.
  • tda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    2nd that seth, but this thing is lookin great regardless dude.
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    you got a better view of the little guy?
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan polycounter lvl 11
    Awesome man. Dig the new direction with the lady. With awesome shapes like that why would you hide it. She could almost have a scaly vibe to the bare parts (if you wanted to go down that road) not big ones just a little hint of scales in some areas.

MeintevdS: Cool idea. But now that I have seen it I actually prefer the exposed nature of her at the moment, esp if she is supposed to be a sexy demon vixen. Your idea could make way for some really interesting shapes and surprises though, Lucky its not our decision eh ;)

I love the turtle. I would really like to see him just a little more gangle and teenagy. With his posture and head size at the moment I feel he looks a little older (which could be cool too) TMNT for the win.

I am looking forward to your next installment.
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    lol yes Duncan, I'm glad I'm not Nizza, they all have their charm and it's really hard to pick a favorite.
    But to be honest, Nizza could probably give her the turtle shell and still make it look awesome :p
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    This is so sweet, the imp looks wicked as well! Looking forward to more :)
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS: hahaha agreed.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    deff love everything you got going on here !

but i think it would be a shame to cover her up, so i also give my vote to MeintevdS's "somewhere between skimpy and classy" paint over
  • afisher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    She's looking sexy Nizza. I like MeintevdS's paintover, but at the same time, it would be a shame to cover such a beautiful sculpt.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    tacit: ^_^
    meintevdS: hehe totes ^^ still strugglin on this costume design, gotta try more stuffs
    p442: :P not sure about char tuts. I watch zack petroc's vids constantly tho :poly142:
    striker: cheers bro
    hboybowen: the bare boobs thing not workin for you? :P (still wip-in things in dude)
    butt: :D
    seth: gonn give it a shot, cheers man ^^
    tda: ta ^^
    evil: posted : )
    duncan: :P too many choices. Cheers for the turtle feedback too dude
    torch: thanks man
    candystripes: ^^
    afiserh: hehe, cheers man
    super happy cow: hehe, all about the nakedness :3 (might have to go that way still)

arg aight so just found out how to use the extract tool in zb and its been aws for blocking things out :P
    Still not really diggin anything atm, nothing seems cool looking, standalone folio peice yet which blows : (

03b.jpg

03c.jpg
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACE. I vote for boobs or #4.
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    Loving 1 or 4, that type of look is awesome, maybe try that in other shapes? or just stop spending so much time worrying about it and move on :)
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Something interesting would be to repeat the silhouette shape of the hair ornament into a negative or positive space somewhere elseon the outfit. #2 kind of hints at that actually but then I think it would need some of that horizontal chest stripe to be recalled somewhere.

OK that might be too much theory but hey that/s my 2c :)
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Going with boobs, 1 or 4. Perhaps you could have her breasts covered from the top, as in the clothing comes down from the shoulders like in an upside down U shape to counter her head piece. Plus, underboob ain't half bad :)
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    I like the cleavage porthole which 2 & 3 provide without the spikey trim. Either way tho, I love the look of the Black Swan turtle-neck thing, so i vote for keeping that around.

What if the material over the tits was just a even strip like in #2, and kinda scooped under the boobs and drew upwards to run underneath the material on the shoulders. it would clear up space along her back and depending on how that main sleeve works, could allow you to completely expose the back, which is pretty hot...

I guess I'm a... back-man?

But anywho, Cool Stuff man!
  • EiGHT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EiGHT polycounter lvl 10
  • fuzzio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Nizza, im really digging no 2 and 3, here is my 2 cents worth lol

SiiXg.jpg
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    #3 or #4 for me.

#1 has no sleeves so that's a no go for me :p (I just love the sleeves+neckband..)
    #2 sort of has this "bikini model gone evil" vibe to it.
    #3 I like how it still shows all the shapes because of the skintight fabric yet keeps some mystery to her. But it does lack some interesting shapes and details, making it look a bit dull?
    #4 The chest piece looks a bit like armor which might be a nice contrast with the skintight sleeves. And it works very well with the sleeves in my opinion.

The imp is looking awesome, the body (and pose) reminds me a bit of gollum which fits it perfectly.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan: :D all about the boobs (but thinkin i might roll with 4 for the folio :P)
    dduckworth: hehe, totes man. Think i finally got it
    pior: ^_^ right on about working out the design that way. Thinking 4 then adding in a sash to help add detail and repeat more of the same spikey-ish shapes
    sukotto: under boob! hoping it works with 4 :)
    robat: hehe, totes dig the exposed back thing. Currently got it workin that way and hoping the design'll be a bit more varied with number 4
    eight: i did really dig 2 but hoping 4 with some extra stuff will make a more interesting folio piece... mebbe >_> (more material variation)
    fuzzio: cheers dude. Think i will be going with the torso covering getup, rly hope it works
    meintevds: exactly about the #4 thing. P much where i'm heading with it now, good call ^_^

aight so think i got a decent idea. Number 4, add in a pendant and a chain sash dealio with some stuff on it that repeats the shapes from the chest thing.
    Does anyone know how to do chains btw? (i tried using that plugin from slipgates vid but couldn't get it working :() Putting each chain link in one by one doesnt sound to appealing atm.

also a little more turtle-ness (been googling turtle facts, they some cool mofos :poly142:)

01c.jpg

03d.jpg
  • kevlar jens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, you're stuff is so awe-inspiring.

I myself dig the really revealing design (the one to the very right) the most. It just oozes "femme fatale" in my eyes.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    I used this the other day and it worked a treat :) I think your a maya user if I remember correctly

http://vimeo.com/8561905

just made one chain link and then played with the settings until it repeated where I wanted it to and then just selected every second link and rotated 90 degrees. Slips is great but having 2 chains linked can sometimes cause jaggedyness if the links are on a tight curve, great little script though.

oh and great work :) love it dude :D little beastey reminds me of Mignola so much, its great!!!!
  • afisher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    Looking cool man. For the chains here's a vid by pointpusher that might help you out - http://vimeo.com/18144290
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mad props for the chain tuts fellows ^_^

So y'all prolly already know, but i don't normally finish things (i give up after about a week of sculpting ^^; ). Trying to remedy that.
    There's still a bunch of texturing and tweaks to go but yeah, this be uncharted territory for me :poly136:

(all maya screengrabs using either leocov's shader or xolioul's shader... and also my comicon wip)

06a.jpg

06b.jpg

04a.jpg

01d.jpg
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    I had the other images of your necromancer in my inspiration folder was trying to see how you did the facial features the other day. I was wondering what happened to this wip, and I'm very glad it's back on track. I love the style you put on faces, it's so simple, elegant, and believable. I wish I could do faces like you.

Please tell me you're gonna keep going. It's too good to stop now. Giving her a familiar would be kinda neat, and give you a chance to work on something else while still working on her. Just a thought
  • Kot_Leopold
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kot_Leopold polycounter lvl 10
    Wicked stuff dude! Would def like to see more.
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    damn..:D show us more!
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message