Home General Discussion

New to the forums - Just an intro

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section but I didn't see any for intros. My name is Zach and I am going to college to study Game and Simulation Programming. You might be wondering why a programmer would be joining a modelling/texturing forum, but I have good reasons. I would like to expand my horizons and not be a "one trick pony" when it comes to development. I would like to be proficient in modelling and texturing (and whatever else comes along with those). I am not asking for you guys to hold my hand, what I am asking for is some tutorial websites/videos/books that give someone like me (who has very very little experience with 3D modelling and none with texturing). I have scoured the internet looking for things like this, but everything I find pretty much assumes you know at least a little about what they are giving a tutorial for. That is why I have come to the experts, and by the looks of the amazing artwork here on the forums, I have found the right people. If this request seems out of place and horribly noobish, I do apologize. But I am at a loss when it comes to finding tutorials on topics such as the ones covered here.

For those wishing to know, I spent some time in high school using Autodesk Inventor. For those of you who aren't familiar with that program, it is a 3D modelling software but it is mainly used in engineering and manufacturing. It isn't anything like Maya or Max (or ZBrush for the record).

Many thanks in advance,

Zach