Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Aqua Marine Wip

Jax
Hey I have been working on this guy for a personal project. Some things I like about him so far and some I am sure could be better. I would love some ideas and feedback on anything at all as I would even start from scratch to make this a really cool character.
The chest parts are supposed to be part of an breathing system but are the part I think work least so far.
btw, I am using this a a learning experinece after making the switch from max to maya.
Thanks for any help.

marine_ALL_05+copy.jpg

marine_ALL_

Replies

• Bwample1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bwample1 polycounter lvl 8
    more bolts, snaps, connection pieces on the metal sections.

just my thought.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Perhaps more rounded forms, and softer transitions in the armor for ease of under water movement, and structural integrity for higher pressure loading? I like the helmet though.
  • E4sY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    E4sY polycounter lvl 11
    The material around the front neck and collar bone looks likes its being pinched atm. the shoulder straps could be adjusted better to make it look more comfortable for the wearer. Maybe have them come underneath the shoulder like a back pack or add straps to make it seam like they clasp in an X pattern underneath the front torso armor. I agree that the helmet looks great. Can't wait to see ur progress.
  • AnimeAngel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really nice work so far, but I think the chest piece is just to bulky and doesn't really feel like it would be comfortable in the water and the shoulders look like they would produce a lot of drag when swimming.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Jax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jax
    Seems like he really needs some some streamline and aquatic design in there for the armor, will do. Added more straps and buckles as suggested. agree on the halo-ish helmet also..motorX helmet influence, . Did a quick sketch of more fluid shape design will try that next all over. Good direction to head in now. Chest is still bothering me will start from scratch with the ideas everyone has thrown in.Thx for all the ideas, very helpful.

marine_ALL_14.jpg