Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

anatomy study

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
jarrede polycounter lvl 7
wanted to post this in one of the study groups but I'm not part of one, so, I'm postin this shit here. Still all sorts of shit wrong with her, but I wanted to go for more of a classical look and to get some input from you guys.

fuckin lay it on me, it's all good.

thanks dudes!

progress01.jpg

Replies

• jarrede
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brought in her lower back, lifted her chest, and put some more junk in the trunk.

progress02.jpg
  • Bombshell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bombshell polycounter lvl 10
    bring legs forward a bit, close the gap between the shoulder blades, pull the nipples inwards a tiny bit, not much. The feet are much bigger (for scale, the feet are roughly the size of the forearm. pull the bum and the belly up a bit. flesh under the ribs a bit more, its only in very skinny cases that you get gaps, in average their shape will show but not leave empty space between itself and the gut. The neck also needs to be wider and the muscle in between the neck and the shoulder (I don't know their names) should be a bit higher so that it is higher than the shoulder.

Nice sculpt and pretty good anatomy, a quick move around and it'll be near perfect.
  • PHArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not feeling the proportions on a whole level. The proportions for the smaller parts like the hands, breasts, knees, etc are good, excellent even. But the bigger ones; they all seem to be just a little bit too short, too wide or too long. Your sculpt feels like a hobbit to me honestly.

The upper arms are bothering me a little bit. They need to be just a little bit longer I think. As for the hips, if you're making an exceptionally voluptuous women, I'd agree that this is the way to go. It won't make it more realistic though. Next to that I think the wideness of the hips is actually whats fooling me into thinking this is a hobbit.

Bomshell named the rest. Fix these little issues and your sculpt will be candy to the eye. :)
  • jarrede
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bombshell;

If I bring the legs forward a bit her ankle won't line up with her ear, not sure if this is a standard, maybe it's the perspective thats throwing this off, the gap between the shoulder blades, I agree with, but not too close, backs are still a mystery to me, there is so many variations depending on the person. The feet, being as long as the forearm? almost maybe, I'll try that. Everything else I agree with, I'll play around with the tummy a bit more.

PHart;

At first I was a bit taken back by your comment about everything as a whole, but maybe it's not a bad thing you feel that way, I mean, she is supposed to be a shorter woman, most definitely not a skinny tall girl, but if you can think of a specific feature that bothers you I'm all ears. As for the arm, I agree with you on that one, maybe they need to be a tad bit longer starting with the upper arm.

Many thanks for the feedback dudes! I'm going to put some more time into her early next week, then theres a male arm I want to move onto.

thanks again guys :)
  • Bibendum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great so far, the torso has a Burne Hogarth feel to it.

I agree with PHart, I think the biggest problem is that the arms look too short and it's making her proportions a little dwarfish. With the arms hanging at the sides the fingers should reach below the crotch line, toward the upper-mid point of the outer thigh.

The lower abdominal bulge is pretty extreme also and the Achilles tendons look like they might be drifting too far inward (might just be the angle of the foot though)
  • jarrede
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey dudes, I continued my work here

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81109

thanks for the comments Bibendum, I pulled her arms out a bit, and I think the achilles tendons are off because of the perspective and angle of foot like you mentioned. :)

thanks again dudes!