Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

London Styled Phone Booth: Prop

hey guys, so it's been quite sometime since i last posted on Polycount, but i have been working on some props during my Summer holidays, and decided it was time that i would post one of them to be torn apart! be nice though ( i'm sensitive :(! hahah )
anyways, it would be awesome to hear what you have to say, and if there is anything i can improve on for further assets. I'm still trying to work on how i can improve on Saving Uv space, so any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks again guys, you rule!!! :D

here we go:

final_booth_beauty-1.jpg

Breakdown:

comp_final_render-1.jpg

Replies

• LMP
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    looks nice, but your red is much too dark.
  • Dragan
    @ LMP - Thanks mang!!! :D, i'll try to lighten the red a tad. I actually ran into a problem though that maybe you could help me out with. I tried to add a reflection map for my windows, but it always seemed to add reflections on the entire piece even though i had the areas black so that it shouldn't add reflections. lol. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me!
  • LMP
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    What you need is to have that map you made for the reflections used as a mask with a lerp so the the black areas will not be reflective and the white areas will be fully reflective (with shades of grey being inbetween)

lmp3d-portfolio08.jpg
  • Mistry10
    Offline / Send Message
    Mistry10 polycounter lvl 8
    you finally doing art work again !!! :)
    your doing a good job overlapping UVs, its good to see jr artists understand stuff like that.
    but it seems ur running into alot of other problems. one you dont need your flow of lines (geo) to go all the way to the bottom, theres no need to do that. Connect those lines from from the roof part to the closet vert on the left and right side of the booth. Second your diffuse doesnt read as metal, go through some metal texture tuts and really look at what defines metal as metal. third problem is your spec is pretty crap really. like understand what the materials your applying to this. like you should have finger prints and metal dents and so much more info in you spec. btw why arent you using a coloured spec ? your normals are fine, remove the noise layer, its makes the booth hard to read, and tele booths arent that noisy in real life dude... yeah so work on that diffuse for the next 7 hours :) and bevel/chamfer the the corners of the booth
  • Dragan
    @ Mitry10 - Yep yep, i'm just finally working on new assets and environments right now. But i see what you mean with the spec. I'm going to work on that a bit more, as well as chamfer the corners of the booth. I have to do some research in regards to creating some better spec though. I'll repost soon! :D