Home General Discussion

What do you nerd out about?

Replies

• ColonelBD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anything Retro 60s style, or steampunk/dieselpunk. Mostly way I spend why too much time on TF2 and Bioshock.

I've also know way too much about Pokemon and the Kirby series than I ought too >_<
  • Tokoya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tokoya polycounter lvl 7
    Huge explorable environments like Uncharted 2 or really interactive games like Shenmue, oh man did I fall in love with that game world, it was so realised and ahead of it's time, we still don't have anything comparable yet...

Anything that reminds me of the world in Bladerunner.

50's era horror/sci-fi comics they have such a unique weirdness about them that never fails to hook me.

Certain sci-fi concept art really gets the juices in my brain flowing and I always nerd out at the possibility of exploring them in a game world.

Oh and Prey 2 has me pretty nerd-crazy at the moment as well
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I nerd about real world shit.

like, when I bulldozers I must take photos for references. I love seeing eletrical boxes full of wires and shit. Old buildings. Urban exploring. Real world shit man. Shit that inspires. Little bits of rust on stuff that you just stop to look at. Awesome shit.

Said shit too many times. fuck. oh sorry. shit.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh. I accidently the grammar. is that bad?
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Tokoya wrote: »
    Anything that reminds me of the world in Bladerunner.

visit Shanghai - we got it all: pollution, lots of asian people, noise, rain, fog, too many neon lights and light pollution, weird skyscrapers - visit today!

ooops..sorry...now back to the regular programming...
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dunno bout nerdout, but I sure nerdrage over bad character lighting in games.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    I dunno bout nerdout, but I sure nerdrage over bad character lighting in games.

thanks for the reminder. I just hate it when the inside of character mouths don't have AO and everything inside down to the throat gets lighted and "glows" when the character speaks...
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well I was thinking more when they blowout the spec like it's an acceptable fake sss, but yeah, glow-mouth is pretty freaky :)
  • DEElekgolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEElekgolo interpolator
    Bideo James, movies, architecture, color harmony, massive scale objects, designs, tech history(retro tech), code, exploits, encryption, and efficient functionality in everything.