Home General Discussion

360 Kinect

mod
Anyone have it? is it worth it? My 360 red ringed, so im thinking of getting the new slim with kinect package.

Replies

• glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Hboybowen wrote: »
    wow your lucky now you can get a free brand new xbox and free year xbox live. Why are you buying?

I dunno if the free xbox applies to red rings of impending doom and xbox destruction. But it's worth a shot.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    red ringed a few months ago, and it was LOOOONG past warrenty. It was a first gen, and lasted me this long.

But since the warrenty was done, I tried to fix it myself, opened it up, reapplied coolant to it... Didnt work. it was shoooot.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    Hboybowen wrote: »
    wow your lucky now you can get a free brand new xbox and free year xbox live. Why are you buying?

i think that only applies to the disk reader not working anymore.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    dont think so. if you red ring you'll lose all functionality of the xbox. it wont even turn on. with this update i think it will still allow you to get onto the dashboard, but you cant play any games that are on a disk. they're doing this to prevent people from playing burned games.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I also have a 1st gen xbox that red-ringed outside of the warranty, they don't do jack for ya. I haven't bothered replacing it, been PC gaming it ever since. I was thinking about picking up a PS3 then their network melted down. LA Noir is pretty tempting and a handful of other games that would be great on a console but when push comes to shove I'd rather build stuff than play stuff...

I think the kinetic is a colossal waste, the virtual boy of today. The true test will be how much they stick with it when the next hardware generation launches or even how fast they push for new hardware. There's been grumblings for a while now and the kinect really didn't quite down those voices that much...
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    get a kinect. dunno about the xbox, probably not worth it anymore, just wait for the next cycle.
  • Kurry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've bought a kinect at launch because I was curious about the tech. It was allot of fun to mess around with but there are currently not a lot of interesting games to play. Also here in Europe the stuff you can actually use it with besides games is Zune and that's pretty much it.. So its collecting dust until Child of Eden gets released.

Unless you are really interested in the tech itself and like the casual games that come with it I wouldn't recommend buying one yet.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    If you buy the kinect package, you only get the 4GB version right? You're going to need the 250 GB version.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    thanks guys

and no, there is a 250 package as well.