Home General Discussion

Home burglary , PC and work stolen

Replies

• skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Now to see if marmoset and 3dmotive will be nice enough to let me download their stuff again...

The marmoset guys are awesome about this stuff. My comp completely died on me a couple months ago and I had to replace it. I sent them an email telling them what happened and they took good care of me.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    skylebones wrote: »
    The marmoset guys are awesome about this stuff. My comp completely died on me a couple months ago and I had to replace it. I sent them an email telling them what happened and they took good care of me.

Yeah, they actually just emailed back. Cool dudes.
  • greevar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greevar polycounter lvl 6
    I highly suggest bolting from inside a locking case. They can't take the PC without cutting it from the mounting surface. Good move on the security cable. If they can't cut it quickly, they may just give it a pass. I hope it's a twisted bundle and not a solid core cable. Solid core is easy to cut with a bolt cutter, but not twisted bundles, they shift and bunch all to hell when you try to cut them. :poly123:

Good luck!
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Oh that's bad, I hope the thieves get caught. This kind of thing has happened to me also but they only took a Playstation, games, music cds and other replaceable stuff. Funnily enough my external hd died on me the other day and I've been thinking of backing up all my work to dvd rom and keeping the discs hidden. I mean yeah, external hd is a good idea but it can fail, discs can't.
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    GCMP wrote: »
    I mean yeah, external hd is a good idea but it can fail, discs can't.

Actually, I've had plenty of discs fail on me... There's definitely a shelf life to those things, and while blu-ray is supposed to be more durable, I think I'd trust a carefully stored hard drive (or two) over discs. :\

OP: I hope they catch those guys. I've had theft happen to me before (although not as serious as yours) and it's a pretty shitty experience.