Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Clint Eastwood WIP

I've been trying to work on Clint Eastwood's character from the man with no name movie trilogy. Here's a few screencaps:

5724152927_f56f96e510_z.jpg

5724709526_442696d3f2_z.jpg

5724709678_59757eecd2_z.jpg

5724709758_5b86f22ea4_z.jpg

I'm still fairly new to Zbrush and still trying to figure out how to sculpt wrinkles for the face as well as clothing.

I'm trying to go for a very realistic look, but not sure how to achieve it.

Critiques/Advice welcome.

Replies

• Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    Get good pictures, and nail piece by piece his facial features, right now he looks like a total different guy :P
    For example, start with the main shape of the head, then make the nose exactly like his, and work on it till it looks exactly the same, then go to another part and so on.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    right off the bat i notice...

-you need to balance him out, hes falling forward in your side views
    -boots and pants blend together, mostly colour but i take it you haven't really gotten to that yet
    -his hands... the pinky looks too small, or maybe the ring finger is... not sure, can we possibly have a closer shot of the hands??
    -lastly where is his lower back in your side views??????? he is really that skinny that the arms hide it? ..could also be caused by the balancing issue :P

i like it thou, keep going sir !
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ohhhh just noticed you mirrored all of your wrinkles - that's a major no no
  • MoreDread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think the likeness is there.. right now symmetry is your main problem, turn it off and redo the facial details. it really ruins the beard, and clints eyes are really asymetric, too.
    and yea the pinky is definately too short
    the nose was mentioned too... its much straighter from the bridge to nosetip.
    the collar looks too round and there are some clipping issues in that area as well.

and what about the poncho thingy? :>

good job tho, apart from the things mentioned i really like the model
  • nocharacterset
    Cap Hotkill -> yea I've been looking up as much reference as I can but can't seem to pinpoint what's different.

CandyStripes05 -> thanks, I'll try and balance him out. The boots and pants are separate, but I haven't added the detailed crease ends to the bottom of the pants. Actually I think I made his upper back and arms too big. Here's some more pics:

5724269227_b7000cd284_z.jpg

5724269325_1769b090f9_z.jpg

5724826564_b5dbcbe497_z.jpg

5724269471_e0219afd37_z.jpg

does the pinky still look short? maybe it was because of the camera angle..

ah, I'll turn off symmetry next time.

MoreDread -> thanks. I'll turn off symmetry and redo it. what do you mean by clipping?
    I also plan on adding the poncho, but still thinking of how to model it.
  • MoreDread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hm yes in those shots the pinky looks much better and it seems that the real culprit here is actually the ringfinger.. its a bit longer and thicker than the index finger, and it should be the other way round... nice hand tho, i like it.

with clipping i meant that parts of the brown vest are showing through the blue collar
  • nocharacterset
    Just a quick update on re-sculpting the face.

5745775108_847752c62f.jpg

Can't seem to get the wrinkles around the bottom of the cheekbone to look right.
  • jimmypopali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would say get the face right before anything. Right now, the face update looks a lot better, you are definatly on the right track, I'm looking forward to how this turns out!
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    Update looks much better than before
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    once you add in the forehead wrinkles it will look much sharper, keep it up son !
  • MoreDread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice update, looks alot more like the guy.
    you have definately reached that critical point at which everyone whos lookin at it will immediately be able to tell that its him.