Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mina -in progress-

Beginner here! Well, not that much of one.

Anyhow, for Character Development, we were to create, model, and rig an original game design, so I chose to do a character I drew, based on a mole. A miner named Mina (child of the earth).

Old-style model sheet: f5AoW.jpg
Current model sheet: Qoq9I.jpg
Mesh: cclSa.jpg
Animation and data: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CKDCeOX7Q[/ame]

Constructive criticism, please.

Replies

• j4polaris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j4polaris polycounter lvl 18
    Trying to keep in constructive...

I would say that overall your model and texture appears very simple. Was there a particular style you were going for?

In addition, you could do more to match your model to your concept. Particular attention to her hair and her outfit. Your concept has some good curved forms that are not prevalent in the final model.

Hope it helps.
  • JimmyP.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One crit about that walk cycle anim, seems like maybe too much secondary motion on the helmet, and like none on the dress, hair, or ribbon. And the texture im guessing is just roughed in atm? if not then just a lil more love on the skin, cartoony is cool I really dig the style just needs a lil something right now
  • JimmyP.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok one last little nitpick, for a mole person I would think the nose and ears would be more overly developed, I see nots on the the concept about the eyes always being squinty, follow that train of thought, you get some really pale skin(think sickly white with blue viens, overly developed ofactory system, underdeveloped visual organs etc. does that make sense to anyone but me?
  • kildaver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I should probably post her actual description paragraph, but she isn't a "mole person", so much as she's "mole-themed".

The mesh is very simple, due to my inexperience and the fact that the project limited us in how many polygons we could use. But, now that it's graded, I can use the input I get from others to rework her into how I want her to be, ultimately.