Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK Mobile Environment- Sewers

buddikaman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys,

Been a while since i posted here. Im working on a sewer level for a UDK MObile game for the iPhone, and could use some extra eyes!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5RzenZqdKY[/ame]

sewer1.jpg

sewer2.jpg

Replies

• buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
    added a few screenshots
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toxic_h2o polycounter lvl 8
    is it Christmas in the sewers? Why the red and green lighting? Also your textures could use a little grudge looks way to clean down there.
  • Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    Looks like we are back in the 80s or something.

It seems like you based this off your mind and other old school games. I can't imagine a sewer being like that in real life at all. Try to work from references or from original concepts, never work on something on "auto pilot" based on how you "think" things might be in a videogame. Think outside the box!

174612340_47473719f9_o.jpg
    3105010702_473b660167_z.jpg?zz=1
    3104178669_9aa6800ab3_z.jpg?zz=1
  • Cocophony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cocophony polycounter lvl 8
    Minotaur0 wrote: »
    Looks like we are back in the 80s or something.

It seems like you based this off your mind and other old school games. I can't imagine a sewer being like that in real life at all. Try to work from references or from original concepts, never work on something on "auto pilot" based on how you "think" things might be in a videogame. Think outside the box!

3D 101. Also, its the little things that really make a difference. And by the little things, I mean the things that people don't really pay attention to.

For example, dust decals, chains, bars, size of the bricks, natural lighting rather than reds and greens. Its going to be dark. So dark that you can barely see. Maybe the odd flicker from a broken light. See if you can add dust particles everything and let the flickering light reflect the particles.

Lighting really does make all the difference to a texture and the iPhone im sure is capable of it. Use light textures.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the progress.
  • Apophis3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Main thing with lighting is little color goes along way. Don't go pure red or pure green it just blows everything out.