Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pflegeheim Wolfenstein (UDK)

Replies

• percydaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great environment! I'd resubmit to cgsociety and make sure you remind them like three times in your post that its a Game Environment. Not a prerendered scene. Maybe they just didn't get that part. You might also use higher res versions of your textures for showing the scene off.
  • VictorSantos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VictorSantos polycounter lvl 12
    @Orb: Thanks dude! I will re-import the mesh but not in .ase to see if it's for the format of the object.

@Oniram: I'll upload a few images with the lights and and his placements.

@beancube: Thank you!

@$!nz:Thank you so much dude! Don't worry I'll keep that in mind for the next time heheh

@Percydaman: I'm glad you like it percy! I resubmited it to cgsociety and they accepted it at last! It's on the 3D stills thread now.

Thank you all for your interest and atention!!

Cheers!!
  • yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    hey victor, as always, nice inspiring work :D

nice to see some modular assets, im starting to work with them too. easy and best way to achieve a good result.

keep up the good work :D

edit: glad they accepted your submission, it was time!
  • VictorSantos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 wrote: »
    hey victor, as always, nice inspiring work :D

nice to see some modular assets, im starting to work with them too. easy and best way to achieve a good result.

keep up the good work :D

edit: glad they accepted your submission, it was time!

Thanks dude! You will see the potential of the modular building pretty soon heheh

Cheers!
  • VictorSantos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi up! These are the screenshots with the decals and lights placements:

56717961.jpg
    92669719.jpg
    23308470.jpg
    56599536.jpg
    92117433.jpg
    80072145.jpg
    35269518.jpg

I'm looking for tutorials of how to make a nice and smooth video with matinee for the fly through.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    What do you need to know?

[In short] if you place a camera actor, and press that eye icon that locks the selected actor to the perspecive view, then transition from location to location snapping keyframes in matinee, you can get pretty good results. If it moves too fast, ctrl + drag the key frames further apart. You can also add a director group to setup multiple cameras with fade tracks to transition between them.

That's (in a simplified way of saying it) what sprunghunt did, plus some fov action
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1338460&postcount=103

I don't know how much you know, but the scene looks great. Even explaining that seemed like it could be insulting your intelligence.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    JordanW wrote: »
    Lighting is very soft, everything feels mushy, would be nice to see brighter spots around lightsources and some more defined shadows.

this is prob the most relevant advice u've been given here but actually one u chose not to address. its the key to ur scene
  • VictorSantos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden wrote: »
    What do you need to know?

[In short] if you place a camera actor, and press that eye icon that locks the selected actor to the perspecive view, then transition from location to location snapping keyframes in matinee, you can get pretty good results. If it moves too fast, ctrl + drag the key frames further apart. You can also add a director group to setup multiple cameras with fade tracks to transition between them.

That's (in a simplified way of saying it) what sprunghunt did, plus some fov action
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1338460&postcount=103

I don't know how much you know, but the scene looks great. Even explaining that seemed like it could be insulting your intelligence.

Hahahah!

Thank you mate! I'm glad you like it, and thank you so much for the short tutorial of the cameras and matinee I'll make a nice video!

Cheers!
  • VictorSantos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun wrote: »
    this is prob the most relevant advice u've been given here but actually one u chose not to address. its the key to ur scene

Woah! Don't worry dude, I was so busy I forgot the advice of the "light spots", I'll try to make it as soon as I can.:)
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    awesome. thanks for posting those lighting pics victor.
  • VictorSantos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're Welcome Oniram!

I've been too busy lately but anyway I will give a rest to this environment, I'll retake it soon making it much more bigger with more corridors and rooms...

Right now I'm gonna be focus in making my own Website!
    www.theartofvictorsantos.com

Cheers!!

...and once again thank you so much for your comments, critics and support, now you're all a big part of this scenario!