Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Eddie Bust

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Spiralface triangle
Hey guys,

So I know there are already a few of these floating around, so I figured I would add mine to the fray. Here is a Eddie bust test I've done for a character position.

Didn't end up getting the position, so just posting it here to pimp and get critiques on it. Looking at it now, I'm seeing that the head is seeming a bit large to me and I'll probably scale that down tomorrow, but feel free to critique other things and I'll try to fix it up so I can at least get a solid port piece out of it.

Poly count was based on looking at the wireframes posted in "art of" thread that was made for the game here on poly count. All textures where hand painted, with photos only used for the fabric detail overlays, and some slight grudge overlays on the fabric. The Hawaiian shirt pattern was hand made as well. Images are real time screens from within the "Marmoset" engine.

Let me know what you guys think.

Spiralface_Eddie_001.jpg

Spiralface_Eddie_002.jpg

Spiralface_Eddie_003.jpg

Replies

• aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I think its awesome... idk how you couldn't get the positon... anyways the only thing I don't really like is the earing colors... yeah picky but idk if thats from a concept or what. Not a major thing though.
  • Spiralface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiralface triangle
    Picky is good.

The earrings are supposed to be diamonds, at that angle the fresnel environment reflections are causing them to do that. In motion it looks fine, but I'll town down the reflection map to get some more contrasting colors at that angle.