Home General Discussion

Drugs

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    he doesn't care enough to put the extra effort into caring less.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Ruz wrote: »
    All joking aside, just be careful if you do lots of drugs, it can seriously mess your mind up. I Know so many people who have gone bonkers through using even cannabis. You really don't wnat to become psychotic.
    It might be fun smoking weed for a while but after a few years, it just starts to mess you up.
    Same with alcohol, long term use just fucks you up, so please enjoy yourself while you are young but be gentle with your mind, because its easily broken.

This is an interesting topic, has there been any scientific studies on the long term effects of cannabis? I'm still in my 20's and just recently started, but I've seen some old guys who regularly smoke/consume it without any problems (like Joe Rogan, and a few of the guests on his podcast) I know alcohol and cigs fuck up your organs, but what about weed? (serious question)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You dont need to worry about it, if you listen to all the hippies, smoking pot has absolutely no negative health effects, only positive ones! =P
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Considering he does mind it if it makes people smelly and/or retarded, he could care less. Probably not much though.
  • Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    Ruz wrote: »
    All joking aside, just be careful if you do lots of drugs, it can seriously mess your mind up. I Know so many people who have gone bonkers through using even cannabis. You really don't wnat to become psychotic.
    It might be fun smoking weed for a while but after a few years, it just starts to mess you up.
    Same with alcohol, long term use just fucks you up, so please enjoy yourself while you are young but be gentle with your mind, because its easily broken.

there are no documented permanent side effects from smoking weed alone, not even short term memory loss. every "ailment" subsides after not smoking for an extended time, and by ailment i mean things like short term memory loss, lower sperm count, and lung capacity. i've been smoking for a while now, ~4 years, and i got better grades in college when i was using marijuana than when i was sober.

doug benson had been smoking weed daily for 17 years when he did the movie super high me, and according to the doctor that ran tests on him (while being sober), he found that he had no permanent damage whatsoever. if someone is going bonkers, its probably from another factor in conjunction with smoking marijuana. dont get me wrong though, i am all about protecting that brain of yours. you should definitely be kind to your brain people, its the only one you've got
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    he doesn't care enough to put the extra effort into caring less.

I think I'm tripping trying to get my head around this sentence!
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    rooster wrote: »
    I think I'm tripping trying to get my head around this sentence!

i_could_care_less.jpg
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity wrote: »
    This is an interesting topic, has there been any scientific studies on the long term effects of cannabis? I'm still in my 20's and just recently started, but I've seen some old guys who regularly smoke/consume it without any problems (like Joe Rogan, and a few of the guests on his podcast) I know alcohol and cigs fuck up your organs, but what about weed? (serious question)
    Well... inhaling any kind of burning particulate is probably bad for you on a regular basis. There might be some advantage to smoking "organic" products instead of highly processes and treated products. But then again just because its green doesn't mean its organic. I guess it all depends who you trust to do your lacing.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    What about consuming it? I've had brownies before and besides tasting a whole lot better (mmm chocolate) it also doesn't smell like ass. Does give different effects though, I always have this buzzing sensation whenever I eat it.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Mike Yevin I was talking more about the mental effects really.
    It only takes one negative idiot to screw your head up and there are plenty of them about. just have to be careful who you smoke with.
    I agree though, some folks don't seem to suffer any long term harm. All I am saying is don't go overboard.

lots of people in mental hospitals through drink too.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    More lens flare
  • iconoplast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast polycounter lvl 13
    If hallucinogens make you see lens flares, I'm never trying them.
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love you polycount..
  • thatnumpty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what about adderall? has anyone here used it? i know its pretty popular among college students.
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    thatnumpty wrote: »
    what about adderall? has anyone here used it? i know its pretty popular among college students.

Apparently some kids in high school used to take it to get an edge in FPS games, or any type of game...

sad because I still despoiled them
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    thatnumpty wrote: »

It's legal speed. It'll make you better, faster and smarter. Similar drugs are taken by fighter pilots, theoretical physicists and top-tier programmers at microsoft. It's also highly addictive and can give you a heart attack if you're fat and old and genetically prone to one.

A girlfriend of mine had a prescription (one of those poor, poor souls afflicted with the horrific disease ADHD) and gave me a couple a while ago... stayed up all night painting and listening to music. I got a ton done, learned some new techniques, and understood every word of the ridiculous punk music I was listening to (which I've never really been able to follow before, and I wasn't even paying attention to it that night).

yay amphetamines!
  • Nemlet17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg wrote: »
    It's legal speed. It'll make you better, faster and smarter. Similar drugs are taken by fighter pilots, theoretical physicists and top-tier programmers at microsoft. It's also highly addictive and can give you a heart attack if you're fat and old and genetically prone to one.

A girlfriend of mine had a prescription (one of those poor, poor souls afflicted with the horrific disease ADHD) and gave me a couple a while ago... stayed up all night painting and listening to music. I got a ton done, learned some new techniques, and understood every word of the ridiculous punk music I was listening to (which I've never really been able to follow before, and I wasn't even paying attention to it that night).

yay amphetamines!

I've wanted to try adderall for a long time now, but I'm not in the best of shape and would be pissed if my heart exploded.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    My roommate has ADHD as well and takes adderall. Needless to say while he's on them, he has sleep issues, heh.

I had my time with hardcore amphetamines, don't need this shit again, haha. Coffee is enough of a jolt for me.

@adam - lol <3
  • Geledonutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think they used to have an over the counter version of adderall called 4loco... bastards take everything fun away from us!
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Speaking of amphetamines, watched Limitless. Interesting movie.
  • Malus
  • jaalto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaalto polycounter lvl 13
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17