Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Babydoll from Suckerpunch

Replies

• EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with everyone here, I can imagine you want to call it done but the face really does not look like babydoll and thats a real shame.

I would imagine when you put this in a portfolio, people would look at it and instantly point out the flaws of the face, since they are quite obvious. i'd say leave it, and come back to it in a few weeks with a fresh look and either re sculpt the face using accurate reference or tweak until you capture her likeness.
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    The portfolio part is exactly my thought. It looks like babydoll, same outfit, but it can't be her, not with that face. It's a shame since the overall sculpt is pretty nice.

r_fletch_r did a very nice overpaint, what bug me out the most for now is the nose ridge very accentuated when your references pictures are kinda blurry and soft in that area, and the make-up around the eyes is too dark and heavy it makes her eyes look crazy, when she has that well named "babydoll" face on the refs.
    It's that contrast between yound/innocent looking face+outfit with the guns and katanas that make her interesting.
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    hey everything looks ace except her face..but im prty sure everyones been saying that..to me it looks a bit too big to be a girls head, keep working on it its coming along really nice!
  • dogzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dogzer polycounter lvl 8
    I agree with Jungsik, those face paintovers made into 3d would do great stuff for such an amazing 3D model!

I see two main things:

*Usually... eyebrows on women should be less prominent. Actually, it's not so much the eyebrows, but the area between them, that should be less obvious and smoother. The dark shadows there suggest they've been brought forward, and that's a masculine feature.

*Nose on women are less obvious and subtler, especially on young age.