Home Technical Talk

Question about editable poly in 3d max 2011

Hello every1, this is my first post in here, i just started learning a bit with 3dmax,
in following a few tutorials but based on older versions of 3dmax, in one of those tutorials after creating an object with splines, im told to convert it to editable poly, well thats easy enought, the problem is on my version of 3dmax it makes a heavy subdivision of the object making it way harder to work with, on the tutorial that wont happend, the object keeps the same number of vertex and lines, any1 knows how can this damn forced subdivision be avoid in 3dmax 2011? :poly127:

thanks lots

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Niarblake, I think you might be having trouble with the spline knots not being set to corner? If you go into vert mode for the spline, select all the verts and right click the viewport, in the upper left you can set them to corner.

You can also go into "Interpolation" and set it to 0 which will control the number of subdivisions around the knots.
  • Niarblake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First of all, ty lots for taking time to post a reply to my issue :)

about my problem, ty lots, i had already the vertex in corner, the interpolation didnt worked aswell but thanks to that i noticed in the surface modifier i had set a box called "patch topology" that was making the subdivisions when turned into editable poly, i should have told b4 i had that mod set :/

anyways the problem is fixed now thanks to you :)