Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STAGE] King of Fighters 99, Krizalid Stage, Spiral

Ok iam switching ideas and redoing this scene called Generator Room of SNK vs Capcom.

Lvo94.gif

Iam aware that this scene is done already but i most likely got a different take on it.
More about it very soon.

LATEST UPDATE
brawling_in_my_skin_01.jpg

Replies

• megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Nice idea! Can't wait to see the background moving! :)
  • Spiral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update.
    Found 40min to sketch out a rough blockout of the idea i had with this scene.

brawling_in_my_skin_01.jpg

GENERAL IDEA
    Iam simply replacing the setting from a generator room to a control room of an underwater station/city where two giant turbines are filtering the water into two tanks which are producing oxigen of the collected water.

ART STYLE
    The art style will be sci fi that meets submarine architecture so it ll be still rooted in "reality" - no over the top sci fi.
    Might have to size up the generators to make them more dominant and get the purpose of the scene across. Also i need to set the composition to make it feel like a fighting stage.

ISSUES
    A) style change so probably cant change too much composition wise in order to make it still recognizable...
    B) composition
    C) size of watertanks & window perhaps too small

Will make a bigger update including a reference/moodboard and hopefully a more detailed blockout on the weekend to show a bit more where iam heading.
  • Inpw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inpw polycounter lvl 14
    Hello, my opponent :) Good luck with this stage. I like your idea and agree about window size. It one of key feature of the base stage after all