Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STAGE] Street Fighter Alpha 3, Blast Furnace, blot12345

Replies

• MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    This is amazing. I think the only thing missing from your concepts is the molten steel or are you saving that for last as the metaphorical icing on the cake?

Also, I agree with Adam, some blue coming in from the top of the image like in the original would really add a lot of color contrast.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Cools would be nice, I'd also like to see some really hot glowing yellow lighting, don't overdo it but just a bit of that super hot glowing yellow you get in the original stage.

Particles also seem to be a bit out of place and too big, think you could shrink them down, brighten them a little and put them in more select spots, where the molten ore actually is and above exhaust pipes rather than just randomly floating around.

Just a random idea, how about some red hot glowing industrial sized tongs in the foreground to emit some light on that kick ass looking tile? Or any kind of light source, don't overdo it of course, just something to break up the foreground a tad.
  • engelmanna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    engelmanna polycounter lvl 16
    Whats this?!? Two posts in one night? I got a chance to work on this a little more and wanted to post it and hear your thoughts. The biggest difference is the blue light from the top. I also rendered out an animation to show some of the movement in the scene.

Lastly, I wanted to thank everyone for their comments so far. It has been a big motivator for me to keep working. Polycount is the greatest, thank you.

Vimeo animation

modeling_14.jpg
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    awesome work dude! I feel like the only thing it's missing is the spectators! Great job!

PS- Thanks for coming through on the sweet lighting!
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    oh yeah! molten hot lava would be badass! I forgot about that
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    amazing work so far! I love the epic detail in this scene. any plans for some sort of element to break up the foreground? your video is effin' killer!
  • Hellstern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellstern polycounter lvl 11
    O_O wow!
    i haven't look in this thread for a while, and here's such beauty!
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amazing work! You should put a statue somewhere of a communist leader, Marx, or Lennin.
  • slave_one
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slave_one polycounter lvl 18
    blot! this rocks! Lovin the massive feel and nice detailing! Keep it up!
  • engelmanna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    engelmanna polycounter lvl 16
    Hey everyone,

I don't want to be the first to post in the finished submissions thread for this competition, so I'm gonna post my finished images here for the time being. I haven't been able to work on this as much as I wanted to recently, but I'm still happy with the end result. Feedback is still welcomed, however I'm not sure when I'll have time to act on it. Thank you to all that commented and critiqued my piece. This competition was a blast to work on (no pun intended), and pushed me as an artist.

aengelmann_brawl_01.jpg
    aengelmann_brawl_02.jpg
    aengelmann_brawl_03.jpg
    aengelmann_brawl_04.jpg