texturing_progress4.jpg

And, where I'm at now...
finished.jpg

Replies

• Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    I love how you've adapted the Clock Town style from Zelda and turned it into a mexican looking town square.

Only issue I have is that there are a lot of box like meshes. The wall at the back could use something to break that shape into something more eye catching like a tower or something. My mind flashes to the Villa in Assassin's Creed 2 and the details they used. Maybe look at that for inspiration.
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Ah, I think I see, you mean something like this?

Auditorie-Villa.jpg
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Yeah so we have castle wall gaps, flags, slanted roofs, ropes etc

There's also mountains in the distance that might suit your level.
  • Endfinity Jon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Endfinity Jon polycounter lvl 8
    Hello LMP,

You've made great strides in 4 days! The change from afternoon to night was crucial. My eye is drawn about the scene via the warm practical light sources. The elevated 2nd story on the left was a great addition as well as the removal of all the decal symbols.

I'd consider breaking up your ground texture a bit more, add a few splashes of color or value variation. Maybe re-instate a modified brick pattern like your daytime shot, something to add a bit more interest.

The large amount of light on the far right makes me think its a movie set with a giant stack of lights on a crane illuminating the interior...either that, or the moon is really givin' it hell. Maybe tone down the amount of intensity, but still allow the bounce to spread that soft moonlight around the scene as you're doing.

And as Habboi said, throw some flags, drapery, wires, slanted roofs and anything else you can think of to break the skyline a bit.

Can't wait to see what the next update will bring. Keep up the great work!
    ~Jon
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Nothing new to show yet, but I've taken a little time to sit back and reflect on it and come to a decision about my direction for this. Habboi's "I love how you've adapted the Clock Town style from Zelda and turned it into a mexican looking town square." comment really made me think...

I've come to a decision on my direction here, one major thing to do... big changes to the tower, it's just a bunch of boxes right now, I'm thinking of taking the architecture in a more, Spanish Mission Style.
    Here's a few quick refs I've collected to get myself on the right track and to get my general idea across.

istockphoto_3626310-church-tower-mexico.jpg
    03.jpg
    at32.jpg
    a13022010-6107-1-1024.jpg
    197508_10150114614123509_721178508_6601004_3048178_n.jpg
    199427_10150114614078509_721178508_6601002_1133909_n.jpg
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    I'm in the middle of revamping the fountain, here's the high poly for it's wall. I stepped away from the computer for a week, I went out and saw a few missions.
    sculpt.jpg